Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The place that starts it all..




I might have started my flight adventure way back in 1994 to a tiny island call Hong Kong (not yet S.A.R. then, still under British colonial rule), but my love for flowers started some 11 years later, this time to an ex empire known more for their lax in drug and perhaps, the breeding land for some of the top notch soccer players in the world.

My attempt to visit the Keukenhof Garden in 1997, when I toured Europe, was met with poor planning and disappointment, when we chose France as our first destination after leaving United Kingdom, where our flight landed, and left Netherlands as almost the last, before we continue our journey to UK and took our flight home from Heathrows. Our initial intention was perhaps to enjoy EuroDisneyland while we were still fresh and energetic. And that period of time, internet was not that popular, that defied me the luxury from embracing the exuberance research prowess of the world wide web. With more than 10 countries to visit over a span of a month, I was also shorthanded and had to pass on some planning to my tour mates, much to my dissatisfaction at times.

So, on a brief business trip to The Netherlands, I managed to squeeze in a visit to Keukenhof Garden in Lisse before the evening reception at the Groenendael, Hilvarenbeek, nearer to Tilburg. This visit fulfilled one of my greatest regrets from my Europe shoestring tour about 8 years back, and till this day, remains one of my fondest memories, that I so much wanted to bring mt parents for a visit, if my financial commitment permit. From then on, I fall in love with flowers and made more subsequent trips to see flowers, notably in Japan.

Whatsoever, this blog is not just about flowers, I'd like to share, particularly with my very good friends, who may want to visit some of these places in future, and also to store some of my best memories during my trips, so that one fine day, when I look back, I can beam with deep satisfaction, and my hardworked research won't go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment